Red Series

Thursday 16 May 2013

Getting Personal: Touched, Charlie Holmberg Sings of Agent Success and Ilima Todd's Book Deal

On Monday I discussed My Self-Publishing Decision where I revealed to you all that I've decided to focus fully on self-publishing and delaying my agent search until late 2014. While I did expect a response, I was shocked at the out pour of support and congratulations my decision brought. It's so beautiful to see how loving the blogging community is and just when I think I know the extent, you wonderful people surprise me. Thank you all and I just want to say I'm so touched by all your loving support.

Charlie Holmberg is a blogger I've been following for a while and I'm happy to say that yesterday she had great news to share. After years of trying she got an agent! Marlene Stringer is now the agent who will help dear Charlie with her publishing dreams for her manuscript The Paper Magician (which I love based on everything I've read about it on Charlie's blog). To celebrate Charlie shared her success with a song. A song she sang herself. If you want to share in her joy and the hilarity click Charlie's not challenging Beyonce but you'll share in her happiness when you click this. Congrats Charlie and best of luck in getting The Paper Magician picked up by a publisher.

On May 10 Ilima Todd shared the exciting news that she had gotten a book deal with Shadow Mountain. It was a two book deal for her young adult novel Remake and I was so happy for her. But that announcement wasn't enough for our dear Ilima (along with the loads of animated Firefly gifs) and yesterday March 15 she decided to return with Me...being all official-like. This time she came back with more details including the announcement of her deal on Publisher's Marketplace, a picture of her signing the contract, a giveaway and you guessed it another animated gif pic from Firefly. Congrats Ilima and even though you announced your own deal twice, you're still sweet, loving and kind as you've always been. Look that this pic, isn't she just precious?


13 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Charlie!
    Saw Ilima's picture as she signed the contract. She's official now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I promise not to announce a third time. It's like I'm exited about it or something. :) Thanks for the shout out. And congrats to you and Charlie...so many great things happening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the queen (no pun intended) of support. You're an amazing lady Sheena-kay!

    Seriously excited for Ilima. Love the picture of her signing the contract...it's so dreams do come true-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always so great to read such wonderful news. Congrats to Illima and Charlie! I need to check their blogs out.

    Just wanted to let you know I gave you a shout-out on the A -Z Challenge blog today. I wanted to share how much I enjoyed your book promotion during challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! look at all that awesome news!

    let meknowif you need anything in your self pub venture! i have no exp with it, but i'm willing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a good picture! BTW - I've nominated you for an award: http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/2013/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Ilima and much luck to you on your self-publishing journey! And thank you so much for the shout out and kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Ilima...awesome news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheers and kudos to both of them! And to you for highlighting them. This is indeed a supportive community. It's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS to ALL OF YOU! Those are the kind of things we like to hear about! WAHOOO!

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...