Red Series

Monday 18 March 2013

Top Ten Movie Countdown Blogfest


Today I'm happy to taking part in the latest blogfest hosted by Ninja Captain Alex. Movies can be viewed in all kinds of ways but one thing is clear. For those who love movies there's always a favourite (or two or three) and Alex has decided to let us pick ten. So let's get on with the show.

My Ten Most Memorable Movies

These movies have seared themselves into my brain and nothing short of amnesia could make me forget them.

1. The Godfather


This movie needs no introduction. If you've never heard about it, it better be because you're a ghost from the fifteenth century.

2. Harry Potter Series


Can you believe this movie series is based off a book by an author who was on welfare? The books took off like a rocket and the movies went straight into the stratosphere. Now there's a whole bunch of YA/MG crossovers in the works but Harry Potter will always be remembered as the one who broke the craze wide open.

3. Matrix Trilogy


These movies were the closest thing to great 3D I saw in Jamaica before movies like Avatar in the 21st Century. The special effects and the storyline made this trilogy amazing and today with all the new hype, 2D Matrix movies are still awesome to watch. Neo, Mr. Anderson....who cares as long as this movie is never removed from our minds.

4. The Terminator


I will not explain why this movie is in my top ten. If you need one, I don't want to talk to you.

5.  Toy Story Movies


These movies proved Pixar as an animation mastermind and that computer animation isn't going anywhere. And Toy Story has heart, something that will keep it in our hearts long after the final movie. Like John said, they're not plastic to those who love the movies. They're real.

6. Disney and Pixar Movies

What would we animated movie fans do without Disney movies? I never want to find out. And despite it's youth Pixar has done better than animated studies three times it's age. Below are images from just two classics from each movie studio.





7. Japanese Anime

Anime is a wonderful genre and Japan knows how to do it with style and heart. Below are a few I'll never forget.








8.  The Untouchables


This is my favourite movie of all time. It shows that justice can prevail and criminals are criminals.

9. A League of their own


I'm not interested in baseball but this movie had me glued from beginning to end. I've watched it many times and it never gets old.

According to wikipedia: A League of Their Own is a 1992 American comedy-drama film that tells a fictionalized account of the real-life All-American Girls Professional Baseball League (AAGPBL). Directed by Penny Marshall, the film stars Geena Davis, Lori Petty, Tom Hanks, Madonna, and Rosie O'Donnell. The screenplay was written by Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel from a story by Kim Wilson and Kelly Candaele.
In 2012, A League of Their Own was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".[2]


10. City of Angels


This movie has Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan at their finest. An angel and human getting together in an epic romance that will love on in infamy. At least that's how I feel about it.



20 comments:

  1. Never liked the Godfather, I know... right. Though I am a fan of The Untouchables... the score for both were amazing.

    Jeremy [Retro-Z]
    Howlin' Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LIKE your list. I've seen most of these and they are good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many awesome movies! It was really hard to pick ten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, we can talk. I liked the Terminator, especially T2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. I'm making a list of all the ones I need to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have Mononoke on there, so this list is an instant favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of good films there....I remember really liking The Untouchables when it first came out.

    Also, you can never go wrong with Disney films...especially their animated offerings :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. how could i forget HP!! ah!
    but we do have similar tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really, really loved The Incredibles. Such great writing there- my kids impersonate Edna and her voice, all the time. She cracks us up! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome variety! The first Matrix just missed my top ten.
    Thanks for participating in my blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah yes! The Godfather and Disney movies...nice choices indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Undeniably, the Godfather has all the magic of good story telling.

    It's been a while. Hope all is well with you in sunny JA.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with most of your choices but I only watched City of Angels once. It broke my heart and I couldn't watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore Miyazaki movies. Mononoke is a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Matrix is one of my favorites, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent choices! Can you believe I've never seen the Godfather? It's ridiculous! I really need to watch that show.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a lot of what you've got listed here, but can't say all 'cause I haven't seen all :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that many of your top ten are animations. Win!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great variety. Enjoyed reading your list. :3

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...