Red Series

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Loners (Quarantine #1) by Lex Thomas

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Publication: July 10, 2012.

Summary on Goodreads: It was just another ordinary day at McKinley High—until a massive explosion devastated the school. When loner David Thorpe tried to help his English teacher to safety, the teacher convulsed and died right in front of him. And that was just the beginning.

A year later, McKinley has descended into chaos. All the students are infected with a virus that makes them deadly to adults. The school is under military quarantine. The teachers are gone. Violent gangs have formed based on high school social cliques. Without a gang, you’re as good as dead. And David has no gang. It’s just him and his little brother, Will, against the whole school.

In this frighteningly dark and captivating novel, Lex Thomas locks readers inside a school where kids don’t fight to be popular, they fight to stay alive


I am happy to say I sent a request for an e-copy at netgalley. Fingers crossed!! The brother factor and disease elements really attracted me to this book. Let me know what you think and thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

  1. Oh! I got an ARC of this one, but I never bothered to read the back! Now I'm seriously considering picking it up. Great pick :)

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got the arc from netgalley and started reading it this afternoon. So far so good. Check out my WoW.

    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh, I think I saw this on netgalley the other day, but for some reason it couldn't quite capture me.. Oh well, I hope you like it :)

    My WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh sounds really crazy! Kids all infected with a virus that makes them deadly to adults! So they all are stuck in school fighting with each other. Crazy kids!
    Thanks for stopping by My WOW! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you read so many books? I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got an arc from netgalley. I hope I can read it soon. Great pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really awesome! It looks like a boy book to me but I'm definitely willing to give it a try. Great pick :)

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds interesting. I like the cover too. Here's my wow
    and check out my giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like an interesting book.

    My WOW: http://breathofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one caught my eye, nice pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has my complete attention. Thanks for introducing me to a book that sounds like something I would love. - FABR Steph

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    Shortskie's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm... interesting. This isn't my normal pick but the synopsis had definitely intrigued me. I'll have to wait till I see some reviews before I decide on it though.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT earlier today :)

    *new linky follower

    ~Slaying Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. I seen this one on net galley its a read now galley. Good choice follow link for my WOW http://sonythebooklover.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-61/

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...